Linzer Heart Cookies
This is a great Valentine Cookie.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Combine flour and salt and set aside. Cream butter and sugar; beat well. Add eggs one at a time and then vanilla.
- Gently fold in flour mixture until ball forms. Roll dough on floured surface, 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out cookies with a 2-4 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Divide the hearts in half and, using a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter, make a hole in the middle of half of the hearts.
- Use the cookies holes to make more cookies or bake for use. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes; do not over bake! Cool slightly.
- Drizzle the hearts with holes with the melted chocolate. Then spread each of the other hearts with raspberry jam. Place the drizzled hearts on top of the jam, making a sandwich cookie. Do not store or bag until chocolate is hardened.