Baked Wings offer a much healthier alternative to the traditional fried Wings.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
1 Hour, 20 Min
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 counts chicken wings
- 1 count garlic
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces. Place chicken pieces in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, stir together melted butter, hot pepper sauce, paprika, salt, and red pepper. Pour over chicken wings; seal bag.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Drain; discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken wing pieces on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches away for the heat about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. (Another browning option is grilling.) Turn chicken wings. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes more until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Remove from oven and turn the dial to bake. When oven reaches 425 degrees put the wings back in and continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Be sure to keep them from burning or overcooking. The goal is to cook them till the meat almost falls off the bone.
- Serve with Blue cheese dip and, if desired, celery sticks.
- Blue Cheese Dip: In a blender container or food processor bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, crumbled blue cheese, vinegar and garlic. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Cover and chill for up to 1 week. If desired, top with additional crumbled blue cheese before serving. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Servings Per Recipe: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 25g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- Total Carbs: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 12g