Make this recipe Quick and Easy by using a rotisserie chicken!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
8 Hour, 20 Min
- 1 count chicken whole
- 1 package corn frozen
- 1 package okra frozen
- 2 cans tomatoes diced with green peppers
- 1/2 cup rice brown
- 1 medium onion dice
- 2 counts garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage sliced
- 1/2 pound shrimp fully cooked
- Cook chicken in crockpot the night before. In the morning remove the chicken and broth from the crockpot. Put the broth into a large soup pot on the stove and simmer. Bone the chicken and set the meat aside.
- Skim as much fat off of broth that you can and add the corn, okra, tomatoes, and brown rice.
- While broth rice mixture is simmering, saute onion, celery, garlic and butter in a frying pan. Add flour and cajun seasoning making a rouge,
- Pour in 2 cups broth and bring to a boil.
- Combine with sausage and veggies in the soup pot, bring everything to a boil and simmer about 1 hour.
- Add 1/2 pound shrimp and diced chicken. Return to boil, turn down heat and let simmer another 10 minutes.
Save time by using a rotisserie chicken!
Servings Per Recipe: 8 servings
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 31g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- Total Carbs: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 34g