Asparagus Ham Lasagna
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
1 Hour, 25 Min
- 1 pound asparagus fresh
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 pound deli sliced baked ham
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Boil water, add the lasagna and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in half of the parmesan and half of the nutmeg; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the cheese sauce in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Layer 4 noodles on the sauce and top with 3/4 cup of cheese sauce. Sprinkle a quarter of the ham, a quarter of the asparagus, and 3 tablespoons of the remaining parmesan over the sace.
- Repeat the layering process three more times. Top with the remaining noodles, cheese sauce, parmesan and nutmeg.
- Cover with foil and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 10 more minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.